ACEER gets many inquiries from students, professionals and the general public about how they can promote our mission through volunteerism. Our VINES program is designed to match volunteer interests with ACEER needs. Here are some guidelines about the program. If, after reviewing them, you would like to volunteer for ACEER, please contact Roger Mustalish, RMustalish@ACEERFoundation.Org or 610-738-0477
- Volunteers must be able to commit a minimum of two weeks for field volunteer activities in Peru.
- Most volunteer activities are related to our conservation education programs through the AMIGOS Partnership for Education and involve working with our educational staff in Puerto Maldonado in various educational outreach programs with primary and secondary schools.
- Having proficiency in Spanish is a big plus as most of those we work with in Peru do not speak English.
- Volunteer activities do not come with a stipend or housing. Volunteers are responsible for all of their expenses associated with the experience.
- ACEER occasionally has research oriented projects in the biological sciences, especially related to water quality assessment and climate monitoring through the GLOBE program involving local schools and their weather stations.
- The US office of ACEER, located in West Chester, PA, can host 1-2 unpaid, student interns per semester. Activities typically include technical writing, data entry, and social media outreach.
- We are always looking for university faculty and students who would be willing to promote ACEER academic workshops on their campus; consider a fundraiser for ACEER; or even consider designing their own workshop in Peru with ACEER.
- Individuals interested in assisting ACEER in fundraising activities host “get to know the ACEER” activities at their home, their university, or local restaurants during which ACEER and its mission are presented. Others help promote and market ACEER’s coffee brand, Amazon Forest.
- ACEER is always interested in in-kind support that professionals could offer to advance our mission. This could include professional services, i.e. marketing, help with networking, and dissemination of newsletters, press releases or other information about ACEER through their own outreach efforts and networks.
ACEER also partners with other non-profits in the Peruvian Amazon, so if we don’t have a need that fits your interests, but we think one of our partner organizations might, we’ll be happy to make that connection. So if you have an interest, please let us know. There is so much to be done to protect the Amazon. Get Involved!